Slow Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Soup from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker Christmas Favorites
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 c onion, diced
- 14-1/2 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onions
- 2 c green peppers and/or red peppers, chopped
- 15 oz can Red Gold tomato sauce
- 3 c beef broth
- ½ t dried basil
- ½ t dried oregano
- 1 c cooked rice
- Brown your beef with your onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain your beef and onions and place in your 6-quart slow cooker. (I used my Hamilton Beach Searing Slow Cooker.)
- Add your Red Gold tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.