So here’s one of my favourites, you could serve these with a big salad or Slimming World coleslaw for your super free food if you’re following the plan. Or, you could up the amount of mushrooms/onions in the recipe to add in some more super free to the recipe itself.
Hope you enjoy!
Watch the recipe here (and the recipe is below):
- 4 Large baking potatoes
- 8 Bacon medallions (or back bacon with all visible fat removed), chopped into small pieces
- 250g Mushrooms, chopped into small cubes
- 4 Spring onions
- 4 Tbsp Fat free fromage frais
- 2 Medium free range eggs
- 120g Extra mature cheddar cheese
- Salt and peper
- Fat-free fromage frais
- 2 Spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 220C and bake the potatoes for about an hour until they are cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the middle into a bowl (set aside), make sure that you leave a little behind so that the ‘shell’ is still sturdy.
- Put the empty potato shells onto a baking tray and spray with FryLight, pop them back into the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhille, fry the bacon and mushrooms until cooked and crispy.
- Add the bacon, mushrooms, eggs, plenty of salt and pepper and half of the cheese into the bowl containing the inside of the potatoes from earlier. Mash all together well.
- Remove the potato shells from the oven and share the mixture between them. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Pop back into the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and crispy.
- Serve with fat free fromage frais and the extra chopped spring onions.