Recipe Note: Some people are confused by this recipes use of instant pudding. You use the dry pudding mix and mix it with the ingredients listed. You do NOT make the pudding and then add in the extra ingredients.
- 1 (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding (dry mix only)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz cool whip or 12 oz heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 5 large bananas, sliced
- 1 (11 oz) box vanilla wafers
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered pudding mix, milk and condensed milk until smooth. Let sit for 3 minutes. Fold in whipped cream until smooth.
- In a large bowl (or individual parfait glasses) assemble the pudding. First, lay one third of Nilla Wafers across bottom of the bowl. Top with one third of the banana slices. Cover with one third of the pudding mixture. Continue with two more layers, reserving a few vanilla wafers to lay across the top as garnish.
- Cover pudding and let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. Can be made up to a day ahead.