Skip the pre-made mixes and make your own homemade hot chocolate Icelandic-style! The trick is adding sea salt, which really elevates this popular drink into a whole new dimension. This is an easy recipe using ingredients you probably already have, so definitely try it out!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat milk in a tall saucepan over medium-high heat. When the milk starts to froth, turn down the heat to medium-low.
- Add cocoa, sugar, vanilla, and salt to the saucepan. Use a whisk to mix the contents until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a serving mug. Optionally top with whipped cream and cocoa powder.