garlic butter tomato shrimp linguine recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Calories 660 kcal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus extra
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 14 ounces king prawns 4 pieces chopped and the rest set aside
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 can 14.5oz of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 12 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Add the chopped shrimp and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the tomato paste. Roast until fragrant while stirring frequently. Deglaze with the red wine and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it’s the consistency of a thick syrup before adding the chopped tomatoes. Stir in the bay leaf, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to package directions. To roast the tomatoes, heat a frying pan over high heat and add a very small amount of olive oil. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and add a bit more oil. Add the whole shrimp you set aside and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until done on the inside and browned on the outside. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes back to the pan, remove from the heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- To assemble, stir the butter into the finished sauce. Toss with the linguine and divide between four plates. Top with the tomatoes and the shrimp.